Where we left off
To recap, I cut up a container, turned it into three acid vats with glowing lights to make them look awesome. Now, it’s time to add bits to make it look like a functioning chemical storage facility.
Rivets and Panels
Because this is the Iron Kingdoms, everything that has metal panels also has pronounced rivets. The easiest way for me to make rivets is to use a tiny hole punch. The hole punch isn’t tiny, it’s normal sized. It just makes tiny holes. A sharp knife makes the panel edges, and a sharp pokey thing helps place them.
A warjack’s boiler door looks like a hatch for draining the pool, and the barrel spills out onto the gravel. A Crucible Guard logo trimmed off a package can be adapted to the vats. More rivets help sell the idea that it’s been stuck on permanently. Finally, a ramp made from .22 caliber rimfire cartridge packaging with panels and rivets added makes it easy for warjacks to hop up onto the vat.
I have no idea how to prevent the helpful assistance of the family cat. He is super curious, and super helpful. The lights make him look a little evil.
Wire rework and more bits
Something to note is how the wire for the regulation compliant barrier rope now goes through the posts. Originally, I glued the wire to the top of the posts, and wanted to create something to cover the post tops, but couldn’t figure out how to work the green stuff correctly. All I can seem to do with that junk is fill gaps. So I pulled off the wire, drilled the posts, and threaded the wire through the holes.
Next, the wheel which I can only guess is a valve control needed to be attached to the hatch somehow, so a pipe addition joined the two bits. Some of the items got a dose of paint, a patch got rivets, and some rusty paint hit all the spots where glue distorted the plastic.
Finally, a tiny pipe joins two legs. It’s made from a bit of sprue with some cardboard.
The biggest vat
The bigger vat had more space to fill on the base. I added a ladder, a control box from some aircraft model, a cardboard box for piping, and piping made from flexible straws. Some stormy blue and deep green mixed together made a fair substitute for Crucible Guard colors. Black, then brass formed the base color for piping. Sponged on rust colors finished up the basic piece.
Finished glamor shots
Glowing awesomeness. I’m pretty satisfied with how this looks. The two levels can be used for Warcaster games, or even narrative Warmachine/Hordes games. Steamroller games probably mean the whole base will be some sort of obstruction.